While everyone remembers the April 15th tax deadline, there are a number of other important tax deadlines which affect small businesses. Be sure to check with your accountant to be sure you are in compliance with the following dates:
- January 31: Distribution of 2010 W-2 statements to employees and 1099 forms to contractors.
- January 31: Federal unemployment (FUTA) tax returns and quarterly payroll tax reports must be filed.
- February 15: 1099B and consolidated statements must be provided to customers.
- February 28: File information returns, such as Form 1099s and year end W-3s amd W-2s, with the IRS. This deadline is extended to March 31 for electronic filing.
- March 15: 201 C-corp and S-corp tax returns are due.
- April 18: You have three extra days to finish up those returns for individual federal income tax returns and partnership returns. In addition, the 2011 first quarter estimated tax payments are due.